Basic Stopper Kit
- 12 stoppers: all SS-6000 or all SS-8000 or 6 of each style
- Stoppers are FDA Food Compliant 304 18-8 grade stainless steel
- Mandrel of your choice with ™tapping flute to cut sharper threads; comes with 2 nylon washers.
- 5/16″ and 11/32″ stub drill bits
- 3/8″ bottoming tap
- Draw bar 1/4″ x 20 tpi. A 16″ for full-size lath or 10″ for mini lathe
- If you do not need a draw bar, I will include an extra stopper
New to turning bottle stoppers? This is the most economical kit with everything you need to get started. Value $87.68
All of the mandrels have the new ™tapping flute unlike any other mandrel on the market, it has a tapered flute shown in picture which, like a regular tap, will thread wood with ease. A bottoming tap threads the blank right to the bottom, regular taps have about 1/4″ tapered end that does not cut. If you are not sure which mandrel you want, check this page: Mandrel Comparison
Basic bottle stopper turning video: Roper Woodturning
Lathes Specifications: here is a list of lathe spindle sizes and Morse taper if you are not sure.
If you have any questions, call me at 717-486-5232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ve been a woodturner for 29 years and I can answer almost any question from personal experience.
All genuine Niles products are only Made in Missouri, USA